With 28 locations from Duranbah to Gabo Island just over the Victorian border, current weather conditions and live webcam vision relevant to your mooring or boatramp is only ever as far away as your iPhone.
The app gives real-time, forecast and archive weather conditions, including:
- Wind speed and direction (average and gust speed plus five-hour wind history)
- Tide times and heights
- Daily marine reports
- 3–day Marine weather forecasts
- Moon phases tides and daylight hours
- Severe weather warnings from the Australian Bureau of Meteorology
- Latest satellite, synoptic and radar animations
Locations are referenced to a GPS map, with the app incorporating a “near me” finder function to get the information most relevant to your current location, should you be lucky enough to be cruising the coast.
To save time, you can save your favourite locations for quick reference. You can also set up custom alerts to give you the heads-up when it’s going to be worth heading out for a day on the water, or when you might need to reef in the sails, batten down the hatches and head for a sheltered mooring.
It’s available for download from the iTunes App Store for just $1.99