- Go to a Camera page on our website.
- Right click (or Control+click) on the Cam player area. This will bring up a menu.
- Click Settings in the menu.
- Click on the display icon at the bottom (far left, #1 in the diagram) if it isn't already selected.
- Unselect the Hardware Acceleration checkbox (#2 in the diagram)
- Click close, then refresh the page.
Android Phones & Tablets
Coastalwatch.com & Coastalwatch PLUS Surf cams support the following Android operating systems:
4.0… Ice Cream Sandwich
(4.1… Jelly Bean is not currently supported)
**Note: Due to the open nature of the Android operating system we cannot guarantee all smart phones & tablets using the supported software will successfully stream our surfcams. For further help in troubleshooting please contact our Customer support team. firstname.lastname@example.org
Apple iPhones, iPods & iPads
We recommend using our app Hurley Surf: Download our App here
Coastalwatch.com does not support the streaming of surf cams through internet browsers on an Apple mobile device such as iPhone, iPod or iPad.
*Coastalwatch PLUS members: The Plus website does support streaming of all surf cams on any Apple mobile device through an internet browser. Try Coastalwatch Plus for free.
Silverlight Media Player
Silverlight is a Windows based media player. We are phasing this media player out of use on all Coastalwatch services, although there may be the odd camera still running on this player. If you don't have Silverlight plug-in installed on your machine yet, the website will automatically prompt you to download the software, so all you need to do is follow the steps to download and install the plug-in from Microsoft website. The cameras will then work on the next load of the website.
Still having trouble?
If you are still having problems, please send us an email at email@example.com.
Include the following information in your email so we can start looking into your problem:
- Name and Model of Computer, Device or Hardware.
- Operating system: (eg: Windows XP sp2, Mac Osx Lion, Mac iOS 5)
- Internet Browser: (eg: Firefox 14, Internet Explorer 7)
- Internet connection type and speed: dial up / broadband
- Flash player version
- Do you have a Firewall or security software: yes / no if yes what firewall software?
- Surf Camera you are having problems with.
- Screen grab of the issue if possible.
- Any other information you find important.