Avoca Surf Cam & Surf Report

Camera Help

Check out the new Depactus range here

TODAY
1-2 ft ENE
@ 7 sec
8 kn N
15 min ago
Outgoing tide
H 8:29 PM (1.5m)
L 2:30 AM (0.5m)
7:06 AM 6:49 PM
22° Water
Coastalwatch Team

Regional Surf Report

Region: North Entrance to Umina Beach

Reporters location:

Coastalwatch surf reporters are the saltiest locals around. Part fish, part shark, part human, they live for the waves and are usually more local than the locals. They’ll be up before dawn waiting for first light to reveal the days surf conditions and can sense a change of wind from a sparrows fart. Each reporter covers a region of coastline which includes many number of surf spots and beaches. Please consider there may be possible variations between this report and your local spot due to differences in orientation to the coast and any local idiosyncrasies that may also effect the swell and weather patterns.


by Coastalwatch Team
  • 2/04/2015 7:02 AM | Report

    Today's rating - Average

    Waves 1 - 2 ft Swell ENE winds NNW early then N into day and evening. Swell continues to remain small with around to ENE. Full conditions early on this 1.6 m high tide at 7.58 am.Have 1- 2 ft max at open beaches with NNW winds start day making for clean conditions early on open and exposed beaches. Winds tending NNE again later in day with size expected to remain small into day on outgoing tide. You'll need something with volume if you're keen... Check out the new Depactus surf range in your local surf shop for Easter.

  • 5 DAY SURF FORECAST

    CoastalWatch Plus

    Get 5 day SURF Forecasts, SWELL DIRECTION MAPS, LESS ADs Mobile Access and more!

  • Today's Outlook

    Morning
    Swell: 0.6m
    Wind: NNW 0-10 kts
    Best at: Open beaches
    Conditions: Clean

    Afternoon
    Swell: 0.8m
    Wind: NE 10-20 kts
    Best at: Open beaches
    Conditions: Semi-clean

Sponsor recommended

Tomorrow's Surf Forecast

2 - 4ft S
@ 7 sec
26 kn SSE
@ 12 AM
5 DAY SURF FORECAST

CoastalWatch Plus

Get 5 day SURF Forecasts, SWELL DIRECTION MAPS, LESS ADs Mobile Access and more!

Marine Outlook

Forecast for Thursday 2 April until midnight Strong Wind Warning for Thursday for Hunter Coast
Winds: Northerly 15 to 20 knots, reaching up to 30 knots offshore south of Norah Head in the late evening.
Seas: 1 to 2 metres.
Swell: Easterly below 1 metre. Weather: Partly cloudy. 70% chance of showers offshore south of Norah Head, 30% chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm this evening.

Coastal Weather
Shower or two.
° °
Today
Showers increasing.
17° 22°
Friday
Rain.
16° 21°
Saturday
Shower or two.
16° 23°
Sunday
Shower or two.
15° 24°
Monday
Shower or two.
14° 22°
Tuesday
Shower or two.
12° 22°
Wednesday
Features
Reelers Is On!

Reelers Is On!

Score $20,000 in SW’s Inaugural Short Film Competition

0 2 Apr 2015
Long Weekend Surf Forecast 3 - 6 April 2015

Long Weekend Surf Forecast 3 - 6 April 2015

Planning a big Easter long weekend up or down the coast? Perhaps just staying at home? Check out the extended forecast.

0 2 Apr 2015
A Welcome Return To Madness – The Anatomy of a Magazine Cover

A Welcome Return To Madness – The Anatomy of a Magazine Cover

A Conversation With SW Artist Nanda Ormond On Cover Conception and The Role of Art In Surfing Magazines

0 1 Apr 2015
Latest News

Introducing Depactus

The New Surf Adventure Brand Shares Their Story

0 2 Apr 2015
World's Best Rip Into Round 1 At Bells Beach

World's Best Rip Into Round 1 At Bells Beach

0 1 Apr 2015
Billabong Announces Support Of Surfaid International

Billabong Announces Support Of Surfaid International

0 30 Mar 2015
A Couple of Early Upsets, & Mason Ho Hits The Highlight Reel – The Rip Curl Pro Has Started

A Couple of Early Upsets, & Mason Ho Hits The Highlight Reel – The Rip Curl Pro Has Started

0 30 Mar 2015
Joey Van Dijk and Pauline Ado Win Trials, Will Be Surfing The Rip Curl Pro At Bells This Week

Joey Van Dijk and Pauline Ado Win Trials, Will Be Surfing The Rip Curl Pro At Bells This Week

0 30 Mar 2015
Popular This Week

Video: Jordy, Mick, Medina and More Carve Some Vintage Bells Walls On The Eve of The Rip Curl Pro

Standout Sessions: Jordy Smith was drawing some elegant carves on the vintage Bells walls.

Kelly Slater Will Retire, And Other Outlandish Predictions For 2015 – Sean Doherty On...

Doherty dons the all-seeing surf-turban to announce his 2015 surfing predictions

Go to Top