Manly - Nth Steyne Surf Cam & Surf Report

Camera Help

Vision courtesy of North Steyne SLSC

TODAY
3-4 ft SSE
@ 10 sec
5 kn WSW
9 min ago
Outgoing tide
H 6:59 PM (1.9m)
L 1:32 AM (0.2m)
H 7:33 AM (1.5m)
L 1:24 PM (0.3m)
6:19 AM 5:34 PM
18° Water
Captain

Regional Surf Report

[?]

Surf Report Info

Region: Palm Beach to Manly - Fairy Bower

Reporters location:

Coastalwatch surf reporters are the saltiest locals around. Part fish, part shark, part human, they live for the waves and are usually more local than the locals. They’ll be up before dawn waiting for first light to reveal the days surf conditions and can sense a change of wind from a sparrows fart. Each reporter covers a region of coastline which includes many number of surf spots and beaches. Please consider there may be possible variations between this report and your local spot due to differences in orientation to the coast and any local idiosyncrasies that may also effect the swell and weather patterns.


by Captain
  • 28/08/2015 7:15 AM | Report

    Today's rating - Pretty Good

    Morning Report: Waves 3-4 ft Swell ESE/S @ 8 secs, Winds W-WSW-SSW 15-20 knots. Mixed swell with the residual easterly swell easing in size and the southerly pulse gaining more power through the day. Westerly winds turning southwesterly later on, alright conditions early and south facing spots with more power. Guest report Pito @ Aloha Surf Manly.

  • 5 DAY SURF FORECAST

    CoastalWatch Plus

    Get 5 day SURF Forecasts, SWELL DIRECTION MAPS, LESS ADs Mobile Access and more!

  • Today's Outlook

    Morning
    Swell: 1.5m
    Wind: W 10-20 kts
    Best at: South-facing beaches
    Conditions: Semi-clean

    Afternoon
    Swell: 1.7m
    Wind: SW 10-20 kts
    Best at: South-facing beaches
    Conditions: Wind affected

Sponsor recommended

Tomorrow's Surf Forecast

3 - 4ft+ S
@ 9 sec
9 kn SSW
@ 12 AM
5 DAY SURF FORECAST

CoastalWatch Plus

Get 5 day SURF Forecasts, SWELL DIRECTION MAPS, LESS ADs Mobile Access and more!

Marine Outlook

Forecast for Friday 28 August until midnight Strong Wind Warning for Friday for Sydney Coast
Winds: Westerly 15 to 20 knots turning south to southwesterly in the late morning. Winds reaching up to 30 knots offshore in the late morning.
Seas: 1.5 to 2.5 metres, decreasing below 1 metre later in the evening.
Swell: Southerly 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres around midday.
Swell: Easterly around 1 metre. Weather: Partly cloudy. 70% chance of showers offshore, 30% chance elsewhere.

Coastal Weather
Partly cloudy.
°
Today
Mostly sunny.
10° 19°
Saturday
Partly cloudy.
19°
Sunday
Partly cloudy.
10° 19°
Monday

UV Index 5 (Moderate)
MANLY (NORTH HEAD) Wind Speed & Direction
Last updated 9 min ago at MANLY (NORTH HEAD)
Photos & Videos Manly - Nth Steyne
Features
East Coast Swell Alert: August 28, 2015

East Coast Swell Alert: August 28, 2015

An East Coast Low over the southern Tasman Sea just keeps on giving for the NSW coast.

0 28 Aug 2015
Weekend Surf Forecast 28 - 30 August 2015

Weekend Surf Forecast 28 - 30 August 2015

The final weekend of the 2015 winter is upon us. Check out the forecast.

0 27 Aug 2015
Latest News

Video: The Fanning Force Takes on Shipsterns Bluff

Is there anything Mick can't do?

0 28 Aug 2015
Father's Day Gift Sorted!

Father's Day Gift Sorted!

0 28 Aug 2015
Jack McCoy's Psychedelic Desert Groove Showing

Jack McCoy's Psychedelic Desert Groove Showing

1 26 Aug 2015
Jeremy Flores Wins Billabong Tahiti Pro

Jeremy Flores Wins Billabong Tahiti Pro

1 26 Aug 2015
Sean Doherty On: Death By Fluffy Pillows

Sean Doherty On: Death By Fluffy Pillows

1 25 Aug 2015
EVENTS

Winter Waves Photo Competition Finalists Announced

Gallery is up and voting has begun!

Right Now

Video: The Fanning Force Takes on Shipsterns Bluff

Is there anything Mick can't do?

Video: D'bah Daze - Dion, Dimity & Asher

Final Winter days turn on for D'bah locals

Father's Day Will Be Epic With A Coastalwatch Plus 12 Month Gift Subscription

A special, limited offer that will keep dad stoked for an entire year!

Rip Curl Cup Padang Padang Preparing For Swell

The waiting period finishes on Monday, will the impending Indo swell be enough to kickstart it?

Indo Swell Alert: Wednesday, 26 August 2015

The Rip Curl Cup at Padang Padang is in it's final waiting period and the swell is coming

Popular This Week

Video: JOB & Dorian do Mexican Swell on Inflatable Tube

Wait till you see them charging 10 foot of Mexican goodness on an inflatable ring

Video: Absolutely Mental Mentawais Tube

Wave of the Week: This guy is so lucky! Lucky lucky lucky so so...

Bodyboarder Attacked by shark in Port Macquarie

Shark attack at Lighthouse Beach on the NSW Mid-North Coast.

From Where You'd Rather Be: Spring Sessions No.1 - North Island NZ

Waves to get you stoked in the season of love.

Surf Directory

Board Swap Shop Kawana

With The Board Swap Shop at Kawana you can buy a new or used board, trade up or down for a new or usedboard, or leave your board on consignment and we will get the best price we can for it.

Psillakis Surfboards

I started surfing in 1980, and started shaping boards in 1989.

Penn

Matt Penn Designs is a specialized surfboard company dedicated to building high-end quality in both construction and design.

Gato Heroi Surfboards

Gato Heroi stands outside the mainstream surf scene with boards that are unique in design and function.

DMS Surfboards

At DMS the vision has always been to create premium-handcrafted surfboards using the best materials, superior craftsmanship and functionality that is second to none.

Go to Top