South Narrabeen Surf Cam & Surf Report

Camera Help

TODAY
4-6 ft S
@ 12 sec
7 kn WSW
9 min ago
Incoming tide
L 3:03 AM (0.1m)
H 9:11 AM (1.7m)
L 3:10 PM (0.2m)
H 9:29 PM (1.9m)
6:17 AM 5:35 PM
18° Water
Captain

Regional Surf Report

[?]

Surf Report Info

Region: Palm Beach to Manly - Fairy Bower

Reporters location:

Coastalwatch surf reporters are the saltiest locals around. Part fish, part shark, part human, they live for the waves and are usually more local than the locals. They’ll be up before dawn waiting for first light to reveal the days surf conditions and can sense a change of wind from a sparrows fart. Each reporter covers a region of coastline which includes many number of surf spots and beaches. Please consider there may be possible variations between this report and your local spot due to differences in orientation to the coast and any local idiosyncrasies that may also effect the swell and weather patterns.


by Captain
  • 30/08/2015 6:59 AM | Report

    Today's rating - Pretty Good

    Morning Report: Waves 4-6 ft Swell S @11 sec, Winds SW-SSW 15-25 knots. Building southerly swell with the peak of the size expected for this evening, waves in the 4 ft range now with bigger sets breaking at south facing beaches and southerly winds reinforcing during the morning. South protected spots later on for cleaner conditions. Guest report Pito @ Aloha Surf Manly.

  • 5 DAY SURF FORECAST

    CoastalWatch Plus

    Get 5 day SURF Forecasts, SWELL DIRECTION MAPS, LESS ADs Mobile Access and more!

  • Today's Outlook

    Morning
    Swell: 1.8m
    Wind: SW 10-20 kts
    Best at: South-facing beaches
    Conditions: Semi-clean

    Afternoon
    Swell: 2.5m
    Wind: SW 20-30 kts
    Best at: South-facing beaches
    Conditions: Wind affected

Sponsor recommended

Tomorrow's Surf Forecast

5 - 6ft SSE
@ 10 sec
11 kn WSW
@ 12 AM
5 DAY SURF FORECAST

CoastalWatch Plus

Get 5 day SURF Forecasts, SWELL DIRECTION MAPS, LESS ADs Mobile Access and more!

Marine Outlook

Strong Wind Warning for Sunday for Sydney Coast
Winds: South to southwesterly 15 to 25 knots, reaching up to 30 knots during the afternoon and evening.
Seas: 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres during the morning.
Swell: Southerly 2 metres, increasing to 2 to 3 metres during the morning. Weather: Partly cloudy. 70% chance of showers offshore, 30% chance elsewhere. Caution: Large and powerful surf conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as crossing bars by boat and rock fishing.

Coastal Weather
Partly cloudy.
19°
Today
Sunny.
20°
Tuesday
Sunny.
21°
Wednesday
Rain.
11° 20°
Thursday
MANLY (NORTH HEAD) Wind Speed & Direction
Last updated 9 min ago at MANLY (NORTH HEAD)
Photos & Videos South Narrabeen
Features
Video: The Perfect Waves of Nias

Video: The Perfect Waves of Nias

Caleb Mclean, Rasta, Anthony Walsh, Alex Gray take advantage of magical Nias

0 28 Aug 2015
Video: Windsurfer Charges Pedra Branca

Video: Windsurfer Charges Pedra Branca

23 year old becomes first person to windsurf the giant waves of Pedra Branca off Tasmania’s South Coast

0 28 Aug 2015
Latest News

Parko Gets Behind The Stars Of Tomorrow

Subway Surf Series returns to launch the junior surf stars at Snapper Rocks today

0 29 Aug 2015
Rip Curl Cup Padang Padang Extends Waiting Period

Rip Curl Cup Padang Padang Extends Waiting Period

0 29 Aug 2015
East Coast Swell Alert: August 28, 2015

East Coast Swell Alert: August 28, 2015

0 28 Aug 2015
Video: The Fanning Force Takes on Shipsterns Bluff

Video: The Fanning Force Takes on Shipsterns Bluff

0 28 Aug 2015
Father's Day Gift Sorted!

Father's Day Gift Sorted!

0 28 Aug 2015
EVENTS

Winter Waves Photo Competition Finalists Announced

Gallery is up and voting has begun!

Right Now

Parko Gets Behind The Stars Of Tomorrow

Subway Surf Series returns to launch the junior surf stars at Snapper Rocks today

Rip Curl Cup Padang Padang Extends Waiting Period

Sizeable swell hitting Bali on September 1, event placed on standby and ready to roll!

East Coast Swell Alert: August 28, 2015

An East Coast Low over the southern Tasman Sea just keeps on giving for the NSW coast.

Video: The Fanning Force Takes on Shipsterns Bluff

Is there anything Mick can't do?

Video: D'bah Daze - Dion, Dimity & Asher

Final Winter days turn on for D'bah locals

Popular This Week

From Where You'd Rather Be: Spring Sessions No.1 - North Island NZ

Waves to get you stoked in the season of love.

Weekend Surf Forecast 28 - 30 August 2015

The final weekend of the 2015 winter is upon us. Check out the forecast.

Video: Absolutely Mental Mentawais Tube

Wave of the Week: This guy is so lucky! Lucky lucky lucky so so...

Video: Windsurfer Charges Pedra Branca

23 year old becomes first person to windsurf the giant waves of Pedra Branca off Tasmania’s South Coast

Surf Directory

Chaos Surfboards

My aim with Chaos Surfboards is to ensure customers that buy surfboards here will receive a unique board, designed with precise attention to detail.

SUPERbrand

With an office and factory in Tweed Heads, SUPERbrand is all about energy, progression, and imagination.

Gunther Rohn

Shaped for the last 40+ years. Some have been for the worlds best surfers. More importantly I’ve taken great pride in every shape.

Natural Necessity Surf Gerringong

Australia’s Ultimate Surf Shop. Natural Necessity Surf is located just 90 minutes south of Sydney in beautiful Gerringong.

Annesley Surfboards

Annesley Surfboards is the modern, standout premium brand offering you more.

Go to Top