Chiton Rocks Surf Cam & Surf Report

Camera Help

TODAY
2-3 ft SW
@ 12 sec
10 kn NNE
13 min ago
Incoming tide
L 11:01 PM (0.5m)
H 11:49 AM (1.1m)
L 7:37 PM (0.5m)
H 10:58 PM (0.6m)
6:40 AM 5:53 PM
14° Water
Peter Mariner

Regional Surf Report

[?]

Surf Report Info

Region: Chiton Rocks

Reporters location:

Coastalwatch surf reporters are the saltiest locals around. Part fish, part shark, part human, they live for the waves and are usually more local than the locals. They’ll be up before dawn waiting for first light to reveal the days surf conditions and can sense a change of wind from a sparrows fart. Each reporter covers a region of coastline which includes many number of surf spots and beaches. Please consider there may be possible variations between this report and your local spot due to differences in orientation to the coast and any local idiosyncrasies that may also effect the swell and weather patterns.


by Peter Mariner
  • 28/08/2016 6:19 AM | Report

    Today's rating - Excellent

    Conditions are clean on the South Coast early with offshore NNE winds around 12 knots, and swell lining up well again. Surf is around 2 - 3' along the Middleton - Goolwa stretch, and 1 - 2' around at Chiton / Gap. Waits and Parson's will be a bit bigger . The forecast predicts offshores all day but if gusts get over 20 knots it'll be a bit blown out along exposed stretches. The breeze should tend more NE after lunch and may ease a bit later.

  • 5 DAY SURF FORECAST

    CoastalWatch Plus

    Get 5 day SURF Forecasts, SWELL DIRECTION MAPS, LESS ADs Mobile Access and more!

  • Today's Outlook

    Morning
    Swell: 1.2m
    Wind: NNE 10-20 kts
    Best at: South-facing beaches
    Conditions: Clean

    Afternoon
    Swell: 1.2m
    Wind: NNE 10-20 kts
    Best at: South-facing beaches
    Conditions: Clean

Sponsor recommended for today

Tomorrow's Surf Forecast

2 - 4ft SSW
@ 14 sec
9 kn NNE
@ 12 AM
5 DAY SURF FORECAST

CoastalWatch Plus

Get 5 day SURF Forecasts, SWELL DIRECTION MAPS, LESS ADs Mobile Access and more!

Marine Outlook


Winds: North to northeasterly 15 to 20 knots, increasing to 20 to 25 knots west of Kangaroo Island from around dawn.
Seas: 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2 metres west of Kangaroo Island.
Swell: Southwesterly 2 to 2.5 metres. Weather: Partly cloudy. Rain developing in the evening, with a 70% chance west of Kangaroo Island, and a 30% chance elsewhere.

Coastal Weather
Partly cloudy.
15.1°
Now Partly cloudy.
Rain.
18°
Monday Rain.
Rain at times.
19°
Tuesday Rain at times.
Shower or two.
17°
Wednesday Shower or two.

Sponsor recommended for today

HINDMARSH ISLAND AWS Wind Speed & Direction
Last updated 13 min ago at HINDMARSH ISLAND AWS
Features
Mick Fanning's Triple Tube

Mick Fanning's Triple Tube

Wave Of The Week

4 26 Aug 2016
Winter Waves Finalists Announced!

Winter Waves Finalists Announced!

Has your favourite made the top 8?

0 26 Aug 2016
Kelly's 1st WSL Victory, Steph Is In Taylor Steele's Next Movie, And Is Keanu Asing Our Next Cult Hero? | This Week In Surfing

Kelly's 1st WSL Victory, Steph Is In Taylor Steele's Next Movie, And Is Keanu Asing Our Next Cult Hero? | This Week In Surfing

Ten Things From Surfing & The Internet On The Week That Was August 26, 2016

1 26 Aug 2016
Latest News

Is This Guy One Of The Best Surf Drone Filmers In The World?

Eric Sterman brings you closer than ever before

0 27 Aug 2016
Winter Waves Finalists Announced!

Winter Waves Finalists Announced!

0 26 Aug 2016
Surfing World Magazine: Issue 376

Surfing World Magazine: Issue 376

0 26 Aug 2016
Taylor Steele's Tantalising 3 New Clips

Taylor Steele's Tantalising 3 New Clips

0 24 Aug 2016
Dad's Ultimate Guide To Surfing Happiness

Dad's Ultimate Guide To Surfing Happiness

0 24 Aug 2016
Right Now

Is This Guy One Of The Best Surf Drone Filmers In The World?

Eric Sterman brings you closer than ever before

Winter Waves Finalists Announced!

Has your favourite made the top 8?

Surfing World Magazine: Issue 376

The Best East Coast Low In 40 Years!

Surf Directory

Garage Handplanes

Garage Handplanes (Avalon Beach, Sydney) designs and produces high quality, performance based bodysurfing handplanes.

Red Dog Surfboards

I celebrated my first birthday at South Avalon, or so my mum tells me. I can’t remember it.

LSD Surfboards

Creating something aesthetically beautiful, that has function and brings joy to a beginner surfer or an elite competitor are the reasons why LSD creator Luke Short is still passionate and evolving his designs after twenty years.

Gato Heroi Surfboards

Gato Heroi stands outside the mainstream surf scene with boards that are unique in design and function.

SUPERbrand

With an office and factory in Tweed Heads, SUPERbrand is all about energy, progression, and imagination.

Go to Top