VICTORIA, Find Out When & Why Your Local Will Fire With Nick Carroll & Ben Macartney
COASTALWATCH | EVENT
Are you making the most of our forecasting tools? This year's Surf Forecast Workshops will give you skills to score the best waves, plus the chance to sip free Stone & Wood beer and chat with our experts.
Join Coastalwatch’s chief forecaster Ben Macartney and legendary surf reporter Nick Carroll and learn how to read swell maps, forecast your next surf trip to Indo and score better waves.
This event is FREE for Coastalwatch Plus members and just $49.95 for non-members which also includes a 3-month membership.
ABOUT THE EVENT:
This year, the workshops will be held in Manly, Gold Coast and Torquay. They will further develop your surf forecast understanding and skill set, by demonstrating how to make the most of your Coastalwatch membership and fully dominate our interactive tools, maps and tracker.
Whether you’re a beginner, intermediate or pro, you’ll be skilled up by the end of the evening, where you’re invited to stick around for a cold Stone & Wood beer and a chat with the boys.
MANLY: Saturday 25th February 2017, 3pm - 5pm
Queenscliff Surf Life Saving Club, Manly Beach
(Australian Open of Surfing)
GOLD COAST: Wednesday 15th March 2017, 6.30pm - 8.30pm
Rainbow Bay Surf Club
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Surf Forecasting 101 (plus an introduction to surf forecasting digital resource upon ticket purchase)
- Understanding and interpreting forecasting resources
- The steps to forecasting and foreseeing swell in Indonesia
- Tips to planning your next surf trip
- Setting up a swell alert on Coastalwatch so you never miss conditions
- Understanding and reflecting on the major swell events of 2016
ABOUT THE PRESENTERS
BEN MACARTNEY: Ben joined the Coastalwatch team in 2005 and has grown to become the lead of the national surf forecasting team. On a daily basis at Coastalwatch Ben forecasts for the east coast regions of Australia including QLD, NSW and down through Victoria, and also tracks major swells for Indonesia and the South Pacific region that take in some of Australia's most favourite surfing destinations like Indonesia.
NICK CARROLL: Nick joined Coastalwatch in 2016. Renowned as one of the surf industries most respected and prolific writers, he is also passionate about surf forecasting, tracking and surfing impressive swells. Nick will join Ben in advancing your forecasting knowledge and helping you understand the key elements to picking the best spots and times to pack up your gear for a surf trip.
- Are there ID requirements to enter the event? Only for Coastalwatch Plus free entry. We will be checking upon processing that you are an existing member.
- If you are not an existing member you can purchase a ticket for $49.95 that will give you 3-months access or sign up for a full year and receive free entry.
- Where can I contact the organiser with any questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding this event.
- Is my registration/ticket transferrable? Yes, your ticket is transferable please contact email@example.com to transfer your ticket.
- Is my registration/ticket refundable? No, unfortunately, tickets to this event are non-refundable.
- Do I need to bring anything to the event? You can bring a pen and paper to take notes if you like, however, we will provide a link to an online resource on the night so a smart phone or ipad would be ideal.
- Is there an age restriction? No, there is no age restriction however, we recommend the content is most appropriate for ages 14+. *Please note that there will be beer served at the event. All persons over 18 will be issues with a wristband upon entry.
- Will the presenters be available after the event to talk? Yes we will be available after the event for questions and a chat.
BUY TICKETS FOR TORQUAYblog comments powered by Disqus
The Lifeline Classic Is On Again!
The Lifeline Classic Is On Again!
Pioneer surfers of Indo's most hollow lefthander spin the yarn.
Autumn continues to shine
Autumn remains in full swing around the country this weekend.
More than dune surfing
His response will shock you, or it won’t (it will (but will it?))
Recreating an iconic piece of surfing
Lines of swell
We’re all human, robot joints or not
Barton Lynch, Nick Carroll & Richie Lovett On What's Really Happening With WSL Judging & The Slater Movement
Breaking down the first 3 events