Coastalwatch Surf Cam Help & Troubleshooting
Hi there - this page will help you troubleshoot issues streaming Coastalwatch Surf Cams.
There are a few common issues that we see very often, so first, please check these 3 common issues:
1. Do you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed?
Click the link below to find out if Adobe Flash is not up to date on your machine - if it's not install the latest version now. It's free and only takes a few minutes – all our surf cameras run on Flash for desktop and laptop computers. http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
2. Have you tried viewing the cameras on alternate browsers?
There are hundreds of internet browsers, but common ones are listed below, you should try alternate ones:
- Internet Explorer
3. Have you disabled your Hardware Acceleration?
Some computers (mostly Apple Macs) require you to disable Hardware Acceleration to allow live streaming through Flash. Follow the 6-step process below for Apple Macs.
How to disable Hardware Acceleration
You may have Flash installed correctly, you may see a black box instead of the camera vision. To solve this you need to disable Hardware Acceleration in Flash. This is most common with older Apple Mac desktop and laptops computers.
- Go to a Camera page on our website.
- Right click (or Control+click) on the Cam player area. This will bring up a menu.
- Click Settings in the menu.
- Click on the display icon at the bottom (shown as #1 in the image above) if it isn't already selected.
- Unselect the Hardware Acceleration checkbox (shown as #2 in the image above)
- Click close, then refresh the page.
Android Phones & Tablets
We recommend using our Hurley Surf Coastalwatch App for Android: Download our app here
Please note, Ooyala Hook App is required to view our Live Cams or Video On Demand through an Android Device. This can be easily downloaded through the Google Play Store.
Coastalwatch PLUS members: The Plus website supports live ad-free streaming of all surf cams on most Android mobile and tablet devices through an internet browser or by logging into the Hurley Surf Coastalwatch App.
NEW: Coastalwatch.com supports streaming of surf cams through Android Devices. For an Ad-Free service on mobile devices you must have a Coastalwatch Plus subscription.
**Note: Due to the open nature of the Android operating system we cannot guarantee all smart phones & tablets using the supported software will successfully stream our surfcams. For further help in troubleshooting please contact our Customer support team. firstname.lastname@example.org
Apple iPhones, iPods & iPads
We recommend using our app Hurley Surf Coastalwatch App for iPhone & iPads: Download our App here
Coastalwatch PLUS members: The Plus website supports live ad-free streaming of all surf cams on iPhone, iPad & iPod through an internet browser or by logging into the Hurley Surf Coastalwatch App.
NEW: Coastalwatch.com supports streaming of surf cams through Apple devices. For an Ad-Free service on mobile devices you must have a Coastalwatch Plus subscription..
Windows 8 Phones
We recommend using our Coastalwatch App for Windows 8 Phones: Download our App here
Coastalwatch PLUS members: The Plus website supports live ad-free streaming of all surf cams on Windows 8 Phones by logging into the Coastalwatch Windows 8 App.
NEW: Coastalwatch.com supports streaming of surf cams through Windows 8 devices. For an Ad-Free service on mobile devices you must have a Coastalwatch Plus subscription.
Still having trouble?
If you are still having problems, please send us an email at email@example.com.
Include the following information in your email so we can start looking into your problem:
- Name and Model of Computer, Device or Hardware.
- Operating system: (eg: Windows XP sp2, Mac Osx Lion, Mac iOS 5)
- Internet Browser: (eg: Firefox 14, Internet Explorer 7)
- Internet connection type and speed: dial up / broadband
- Flash player version
- Do you have a Firewall or security software: yes / no if yes what firewall software?
- Surf Camera you are having problems with.
- Screen grab of the issue if possible.
- Any other information you find important.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Dane Singleton a creative guy
Dane Singleton a creative guy
And the winner is...
The perpetual run of large swell for Hawaii and America’s West will again deliver
Featuring Steph Gilmore
A look into the board bag of a world champ
The wave that had jaws dropping
Fail after fail, after fail, after fail...
A deepening monsoon trough is set to spawn one or two tropical cyclones over the Coral Sea
The Best Pipe Comp In Yonks, Kelly Talks 9/11, & Unseen Mick 'n' Dane Mex Footage – This Week In Surfing
Ten Things From Surfing & The Internet On The Week That Was February 5, 2016
All-star cast hits the line-up