Coastalwatch Surf Cam Help & Troubleshooting
Having problems streaming our surf cams?
Firstly check these 3 common issues:
1. Do you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed?
If not, follow the link below to install – all our cameras run on Flash for desktops and laptop computers and browsers.
2. Have you tried viewing the cameras on alternate browsers?
3. Have you disabled your Hardware Acceleration?
Some computers (mostly Apple Macs) require you to disable Hardware Acceleration to allow live streaming through Flash. Follow the 6-step process below for Apple Macs.
How to disable Hardware Acceleration
You may have Flash installed correctly, you may see a black box instead of the camera vision. To solve this you need to disable Hardware Acceleration in Flash. This is most common with older Apple Mac desktop and laptops computers.
- Go to a Camera page on our website.
- Right click (or Control+click) on the Cam player area. This will bring up a menu.
- Click Settings in the menu.
- Click on the display icon at the bottom (far left, #1 in the diagram) if it isn't already selected.
- Unselect the Hardware Acceleration checkbox (#2 in the diagram)
- Click close, then refresh the page.
Android Phones & Tablets
We recommend using our Hurley Surf Coastalwatch App for Android: Download our app here
Coastalwatch PLUS members: The Plus website supports live streaming of all surf cams on most Android mobile and tablet devices through an internet browser or by logging into the Hurley Surf Coastalwatch App. Try Coastalwatch PLUS.
Coastalwatch Plus Members Please note: You must have Hook App by Ooyala downloaded onto your Android Device in order to view the cams through an internet browser.
Coastalwatch.com does not support streaming of surf cams through Android Devices.
**Note: Due to the open nature of the Android operating system we cannot guarantee all smart phones & tablets using the supported software will successfully stream our surfcams. For further help in troubleshooting please contact our Customer support team. email@example.com
Apple iPhones, iPods & iPads
We recommend using our app Hurley Surf Coastalwatch App for iPhone & iPads: Download our App here
Coastalwatch PLUS members: The Plus website supports live streaming of all surf cams on iPhone, iPad & iPod through an internet browser or by logging into the Hurley Surf Coastalwatch App. Try Coastalwatch PLUS.
Coastalwatch.com does not support the streaming of surf cams through internet browsers on an Apple mobile device such as iPhone, iPod or iPad.
Windows 8 Phones
We recommend using our Coastalwatch App for Windows 8 Phones: Download our App here
Coastalwatch PLUS members: The Plus website supports live streaming of all surf cams on Windows 8 Phones by logging into the Coastalwatch Windows 8 App. Try Coastalwatch PLUS.
Coastalwatch.com does not support the streaming of surf cams through internet browsers on a Windows 8 device.
Still having trouble?
If you are still having problems, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include the following information in your email so we can start looking into your problem:
- Name and Model of Computer, Device or Hardware.
- Operating system: (eg: Windows XP sp2, Mac Osx Lion, Mac iOS 5)
- Internet Browser: (eg: Firefox 14, Internet Explorer 7)
- Internet connection type and speed: dial up / broadband
- Flash player version
- Do you have a Firewall or security software: yes / no if yes what firewall software?
- Surf Camera you are having problems with.
- Screen grab of the issue if possible.
- Any other information you find important.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Take a deep breath.
Wave of The Week: Arguably the most barrelled man on the planet.
Ten Things From Surfing and The Internet On The Week That Was December 19, 2014
Brazilian Takes ASP World Title at Pipeline
Brazilian Takes ASP World Title at Pipeline
So here is an interview with the man.
Gallery: Sally Fitzgibbons launched her new book in Manly on Monday.
The pointy end of the Pipeline Masters looms over the next five days. Check out the forecast.
Iconic surf resort on Oahu’s North Shore is the first in Hawaii to be awarded STOKE Certified’s ‘Sustainable’ designation
Points turn on again... Finally!
Candid scenes from the inner sanctum.
Wave of The Week: Your mother always told you to stand up straight.
Standout Session: Exclusive footage from Tim Bonython's latest.
Sunny days, offshore winds, no crowds and fresh swells in November? Welcome to Samoa…