Rise Against Plastics
Do your part to keep plastics out of our ocean! It's as easy as one, two, 10.
1. Stop using bottles water. I mean really...in most cases, it is no safer or healthier than the water coming out of your tap...and at $1.50 per litre, it's costing you more than you pay for gasoline!
2. Use silverware. Nothing says sophistication like eating your lunch with some classy silverware. Keep a set in your locker or at the office.
3. Use a refillable dispenser for your hand soap and dish washing liquid. Then buy your soap in bulk! Using one large bottle is better than a bunch of small ones.
4. Stop using plastic sandwich bags...that's so last season. Buy reusable sandwich containers. Sleek and stylish.
5. Bring your favourite "to-go" cup along with you to the coffee shop - it's a great way to reduce the number of paper cups and plastic lids given out. Sipping from paper/plastic cups = faux pas.
6. Go digital baby! No need for plastic CD's and cases when you can buy your music and videos online. It's the cutting edge...and you're the guru.
7. Bring reusable grocery bags with you whenever you go to the store. Leave a few in the boot and you'll always look smart.
8. Say no to single serve packaging. Not only does it require a lot of plastic, let's be honest, one never really fills you up! Buy bulk and share with friends. Sharing is a great way to bond with friends...and even make new ones!
9. Seek out products that are not made of plastic. Think non-plastic.
10. If you must use a plastic item, try and choose one made out of #1 (PETE) or #2 (HDPE), which are the most commonly recycled plastics. Avoid plastics that are not readily recyclable: #3 (PVC), #4 (LDPE), #5 (PP), #7 ("Other"). Yuck.
Learn more at surfrider.org.au
This week's 7 Boards, 7 Weeks Winner Announced!
This Week In Surfing: Bruce Brown & Endless Summer Forever! Plus Mick Talks Us Through The Inner Thoughts of a World Title Bout
Ten Things From Surfing & The Internet On The Week That Was December 15, 2017
A perfect little runner on the NSW North Coast
Repairs were swift.
Repairs were swift.
Six DIY tips to help you get the most of the magic.
7 Boards, 7 Weeks Winner Announced!
What's the 2018 rook look like on a long righthander?
And stoke out your loved ones!
Plus much more in a very special tropical edition
It never gets old.
Pipeline showdown: The soft launch