Surfing World Magazine: Issue 385
ISSUE 385 - OWEN, His Miraculous Journey From Total Darkness To World Number 1
Inside this issue:
- DARK & LIGHT: Risen like Lazurus, Owen Wright's triumphant return from a life-threatening brain injury to number one in the world is the stuff of a legend.
- BETTER DONE DESPERATE: Revisit the decade that brought us the boom of the surf industry, the rise of surfing counter-culture and one man to rule it all.
- AU REVOIR SUMMER: The 1992 Euro leg was a wild time for the ASP Tour. Some thrived, others perished as the party circus reached its year of reckoning.
- BIKINI KILL: The pro surfing women of the 90s fought tooth and nail to take their sport to the lofty heights it enjoys today. This is their story.
- SURFING WORLD CAMP: Your tribe, your weekend under the gums where bush turkeys use iPhones, dingoes wear beanies and milkshakes jive the night away.
Sign up to Coastalwatch Plus to unlock this feature and get a bonus 6 month subscription to Surfing World Magazine, as well as access to the new Coastalwatch Surf Coach video series 2 hosted by Nick Carroll. Subscribe now.
"An unacceptable risk for the health of the ocean..."
Wild adventure awaits!
Photos of big chunks of Indian Ocean on a Saturday morning.
Australia's 2018-19 budget could sting some of our favourite surfing legends.
Ten Things From Surfing & The Internet On The Week That Was May 18, 2018
The weekend is almost here. Get ready to rumble.
Early season in the Maldives has delivered plenty bowls
A rare, high period S groundswell is brewing for the Eastern Seaboard.